SOLOMON USD 393
SOLOMON SCHOOLS = INNOVATION + STUDENT CENTERED LEARNING
If you are interested in attending our school and would like to schedule a visit and tour, please call 785-655-2541
COMMITTED TO STUDENTS
- Dedicated, Professional, and Caring Staff and Administration
- Secure Buildings that are locked during the day so that visitors must buzz in (complete for 2014-15 school year) and high resolution cameras covering entire campus (Safety is a priority).
- Dedicated to small class sizes (average size is 11)
- All Day Kindergarten
- After-School Care Program for PK-5 students until 5:30 p.m.
- School Sponsored Pre-School Program on site- Full Day, 5 day a week 4 year old program on a sliding scale based on income level. $150 per month full pay, $75 per month for reduced, and $0 for free based upon Free and Reduced Lunch application.
- Community based 3 day a week 3 and 4 yr. old program.
- Strong MTSS (Multi-tiered Systems of Support) Reading Program K-8
- IStation Reading Program
- Current 1:1 iPad initiative for K – 6th grade students, and 7th – 12th grade 1:1 Chromebook devices.
- Excellent music and band programs including band, marching band, jazz band, pep band, vocal, show choir
- Many new Career and Technical Education Certification programs for Free Concurrent College Credit
- Quality art, agricultural, and family and consumer science programs
- Variety of extra-curricular activities including yearbook, quiz bowl, FFA, FCA, FCCLA, FBLA, Student Council, NHS, forensics, debate, drama
- Outstanding competitive sports programs including football, volleyball, basketball, track, dance, cheerleading, and cross country
- Individual Student Plans for all students 7-12 with Career Cruising and interest surveys
- PK-12 School Social Worker to help meet the needs of all our student needs: socially, emotionally, and academically
- After-School Tutoring Program District-wide
- Technology in learning as a top priority
- A variety of communication devices including updated website, School Messenger system to notify of cancelations, postponements, and other important information, Weekly Middle/High School Newsletter, staff and student email, PowerSchool, teacher phones and voicemail, etc.
- Incentives for students based on academics, behavior, and attendance
- Structured school-wide student discipline policy
- Summer Driver’s Education Program
COMMITTED TO STAFF AND COMMUNITY
- Intensive professional development
- Opportunities for additional trainings
- Teacher evaluation system using McRel to evaluate teacher effectiveness and encourage growth
- Beginning teacher/mentor teacher pairings
- New teacher support throughout the school year
- Devoted to continual school improvement
- Devoted to ensuring all students can succeed
- Great Buildings and Facilities
- Free Summer Lunch Program for anyone 18 years or younger