113 E. 7th
Solomon, Kansas 67480
District Office Telephone: 785-655-2541
Welcome to our School Website. I hope that you find our website helpful and a great resource. Should you have any questions about our district, please do not hesitate to contact me or my staff at (785) 655-2541. Additionally, should you have any suggestions as to how we might make this website a better resource for you, I welcome your suggestions.
While you’re here, let me tell you about some of the great things that are happening in our school district and why Solomon is the best option for your family’s education.
- First, we are geographically located between Salina and Manhattan with Abilene and Junction City close by, all right off of Interstate 70.
- We are dedicated to keeping class sizes small as our average class size is less than 10 students.
- We provide “All Day Kindergarten.”
- Our 3rd through 6th grade students are all provided their own iPads, and soon every 7th through 12th grade students will also be issued their own iPads for learning. We have made technology in learning a top priority.
- We have an outstanding MTSS (Multi-Tiered Systems of Support) program in our Elementary and Middle School with two full-time staff dedicated to implement the program.
- We have excellent music and band programs.
- We are significantly expanding our Career and Technology Education Programs to provide students many opportunities to obtain college credits and certification in career fields.
- For those younger children, a Pre-School Program is available on site.
- Our After-School Program for K-5 students provides parents the option of a daycare after-school for minimal cost.
- We have excellent competitive sports programs.
I am so excited about the future of our schools. With our administrators and school board members all having children in our schools, we are very much vested in doing what’s best for kids. Please contact me anytime or stop by for a visit. We would be glad to show you around.
Superintendent of Schools